Advanced Certificate in Teaching at UFS
The University of the Free State now offers Advanced Certificates in Teaching (ACT) 100% online. These programmes enable experienced teachers to earn their National Qualifications Framework (NQF) Level 6 qualification conveniently on their computers – no travel is required. Busy South African teachers can now complete relevant and required modules electronically – providing more flexibility in meeting personal and professional needs.
Advanced Certificate in Teaching course includes the following
- You will learn how to incorporate technology into your classroom and in your own practice as a teacher.
- You will be kept in touch with recent methodologies of the subject(s) you teach.
- The online ACT will qualify you in a different area or specialisation, eg. if you are a Foundation Phase teacher who would like to teach in the Intermediate or Senior Phase.
- You will upgrade your competency with the subject you are teaching without the proper subject qualification.
- Teachers not yet on a REQV14 teaching qualification level will upgrade from REQV 13 level to REQV14.
- Teachers can complete the qualification in 18–20 months compared to the usual 24 months.
- The knowledge gained can be incorporated immediately in your classrooms.
- The programmes are taught by highly qualified faculty.
- The programme is HEQC-approved.
- The programme offers six starting dates per year.
- It will save you money, as no travelling to contact sessions is required. All 100% online sessions with an online facilitator to guide you.
- You can earn Professional Development points.
- You can complete the qualification in 18-20 months compared to 24 months.