What is this all about?
Once qualified as a chartered accountant, aspiring candidates may proceed to eventually become Registered Auditors and register as such with the Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA).
Possible job titles related to auditing
Visit the National Career Advice Portal for more information about scarce skills occupations (marked with ).
- Audit and assurance manager
- Chartered accountant
- Registered auditor
Possible work environments related to auditing
- Accounting and auditing firms
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Commerce and industry
- Educational institutions
- Insurance companies
- National Treasury
- Partnerships with other chartered accountants
- Self-employment (entrepreneur or consultant)
Here are the courses to study for:
- Advanced Certificate in Accounting Sciences (90017)
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting Sciences Certificate in The Theory of Accounting (98230 – CTA)
- Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Financial Accounting Financial Accounting (98302 – FAC)
- Diploma in Accounting Sciences (98200)
- Higher Certificate in Accounting Sciences (98201)