Set in an exceptionally picturesque part of South Africa, sits a gem of a school. Uplands is a co-educational independent school that sits on a 110 hectare estate boasting world class facilities in a rural setting. Nature abounds on our campus and our children have the opportunity to get their feet dirty, swim in the dam, go experiment on the pump track with their mountain bike or any of the many other activities on offer. Here each child is seen as an individual and encouraged to be creative. The emotion that drives our value system is Happy. We strive to make the learning experience for every one of our pupils a unique and happy one.
We cater for pupils from the year they turn three right through to Grade 12. We are affiliated to the Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa and our Matrics write the examinations of the Independent Examination Board. Our Matric pass rate has been 100% since inception and last year we achieved a 96% Bachelor Degree acceptance rate. We operate under the auspices of the Anglican Church and pupils from the Prep and the College attend regular Eucharist services.
We offer an integrated day where all pupils are involved in the compulsory co-curricular programme that runs in the afternoon, Monday to Thursday. We have world class boarding from Gr 4 through to Grade 12 with more than half of the pupils in the College being boarders. All pupils receive morning snacks and a hot lunch so there is no need for parents to pack a snack or lunch for school.
Ours is a community school that is well worth a visit to experience what makes us so special.
Uplands College Uniform
Uniforms are available from the Monkey Apple uniform shop on campus. Should you wish to purchase uniforms or book an appointment, please contact Lynne Durek on +27 (0)84 331 5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trading hours during term time:
- Monday to Thursday: 07h30 to 16h30
- Friday: 07h30 to 14h00
- On Saturdays, Sundays, on public holidays and during school holidays the shop is closed (the shop opens for business two days before the start of each school term)
It is suggested that parents who are buying uniforms for the first time for new pupils schedule an appointment with Lynn Durek beforehand.
For a comprehensive uniform list, please refer to the general information booklet or download below.
Policy and applications at Uplands College
Welcome to the Uplands admissions process. All the information required for registration is available on this website.
You may apply to Uplands at any time following the birth of your child. We accept children aged two into Grade 0000, the year they turn three.
Space in classes throughout the grades and in our boarding homes is limited. It is therefore advisable to complete an application for your child as soon as possible.
Requirements for registration at Uplands College
- A copy of the pupil’s birth certificate, passport and identity document, if available
- Copy of both parents’/guardians’ ID documents and passports
- A copy of two most recent school reports. This is not applicable to Grade 0000 to Grade 0 applicants
- A completed registration form
- Proof of payment of a R400 non-refundable registration fee
Admission age for each grade at Uplands College
|Grade 0000||Must be 2 years old turning 3|
|Grade 000||Must be 3 years old turning 4|
|Grade 00||Must be 4 years old turning 5|
|Grade R||Must be 5 years old turning 6|
|Grade 1||Must be 6 years old turning 7|
Admissions process – Uplands College
- To book a tour of our campus prior to completing an application, please contact our marketing manager, Bev du Preez, at email@example.com. Families are welcome to join these tours
- If you would like to register your child for potential admission to Uplands, please complete the registration form below and attach all relevant documentation and proof-of-registration fee payment
- Alternatively, the application form may be downloaded and submitted electronically, together with all the relevant documentation and proof-of-registration fee payment, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or it may be hand-delivered to Uplands
- Submission of an application does not automatically guarantee acceptance to Uplands
- If the grade for the year of registration is full, the applicant will be added to the waiting list and the parents will be notified
- During the year prior to admission, applicants and their parents will be invited to our Open Morning
- Limited scholarships are available exclusively for Grade 7 pupils entering Grade 8
- Applicants will also be invited to write our scholarship examination, which is usually held in March each year
- Applicants from Grade 1 to 11 are required to write an entrance assessment and will be invited to an interview with the headmaster
- Upon acceptance, a deposit is required to secure a place
- For any further information or assistance, call marketing or admissions on +27 (0)13 751 3141 or +27 (0)13 751 3806, or alternatively email email@example.com
Admission of non-South African citizens
The policy applies equally to the admission of non-South African citizens who are in possession of a permanent or temporary residence permit or valid study permit.
In South Africa it is compulsory for pupils to take a first additional language as stipulated by the South African Schools Act No 84 of 1996. Uplands offers its pupils a choice between Afrikaans and isiZulu.
However, pupils who qualify for concession in terms of the South African Immigration Act may take French or Spanish (Spanish is offered at an additional cost).
- If the scholar is classified as an immigrant in terms of the South African Schools Act, and enters Uplands prior to Grade 7, Uplands offers a choice between Afrikaans and isiZulu as first additional languages
- If the scholar is classified as an immigrant in terms of the South African Schools Act, from Grade 10 they may choose French, Spanish or Geography
A student who enters the country on a study permit must present the study permit to the school.