2019 Online Applications Information at North West University (NWU) – Closing Dates | Online Forms | Admission Status
The NWU is a multi-campus university with a footprint across two provinces. The Mafikeng and Potchefstroom Campuses are situated in the North-West Province and the Vaal Triangle Campus is in Gauteng. Today, the NWU is recognised as one of the best-managed and most innovative universities in South Africa. We continue to celebrate and encourage multiculturalism, multilingualism and multinationalism.
Application Information and Closing Dates for 2019
Undergraduate Applications 2019
- What to study?
- Selection information
- Apply here
- Closing date: 30 September 2018
- Undergraduate enquiries
- 018 285 4320
Honours/Postgraduate Diplomas 2019
- What to study?
- Apply here
- Closing date: 30 November 2018
- More information
Mafikeng Campus: 018 389 2252, 018 389 2272
Potchefstroom Campus: 018 285 2692, 018 285 2715
Vaal Triangle Campus: 016 910 3114, 016 910 3154
Types of Selection:
- Paper / Academic selection: Selection is done on the academic achievement of Gr 11 or Gr 12 marks and the best candidates are selected. Average performance is also taken into account.
- Faculty selection
- Selection tests
- Closing date: 30 June 2018
- BCur Nursing
- BA Graphic Design
- BSc Dietetics
- BPharm (Pharmacy)
- Diploma in Coaching Science
- BHSc (with Human Movement Sciences)
- BA Music & Society: contact Yvonne-Marié Brand (018 299 1816)
- Diploma in Music: contact Santisa Viljoen (018 299 1709)
- BMus (Music): contact Chris van Rhyn (018 299 1695)
Selection is done on the basis of academic achievement based on Gr 11 or Gr 12 marks as well as a psychometric assessment. The psychometric evaluation includes personality, aptitude and other questionnaires, as required by the specific studying direction. Some courses also require subject specific tests such as Mathematics or Chemistry and Physics. When appointments are made for the tests, students will be notified if they also have to write subject-specific tests and what to study for these.
- Law (LLB, BA Law and BCom Law)
- B Consumer Studies
- B Consumer Sciences:
- Sciences in Food Product Management
- Sciences in Fashion Retail Management
- B Social Work
- Urban and regional planning
In order to book a selection test, the appointment form can be completed electronically or appointments may be made telephonically using any of these numbers 018 299 4028/2890/2896/2893. Be sure to contact us to obtain information about the venues.
Test centres (dates are available on the electronic appointment form):
- Keetmanshoop (Namibia)
- Kempton Park
- Middelburg (Mpumalanga)
- Walvisbaai (Namibia)
- Windhoek (Namibia)
Please do not make an appointment if you have not yet applied.
Once you have applied you will be invited by the Faculty of Engineering to make an appointment to write the selection test. Read more about the selection and application process for Engineeringor find all the available dates for the Engineering test.