When to apply for NSFAS 2018?
Applicants are advised to apply on the NSFAS website or at any NYDA centre/office across the country, and must submit their applications from 01 August 2017 until 30 November 2017. Applications received after 30 November 2017 will not be accepted. Students who apply online must first create a myNSFAS account on the NSFAS website, and then proceed to fill in the online application form. Students wishing to do a paper application can do so at a NYDA centre/office in their province/region, where they will fill in the form and drop in the application box. All applicants must attach supporting documents.
What documents do you need to apply for NSFAS
- Your South African identity document/card or, an unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person living with you in your home
Should you apply for 2018 if you are funded by NSFAS in 2017?
No. All students who are funded by NSFAS in 2017 need not apply again for 2018 as they will be automatically funded by NSFAS for the next academic year/semester, provided they pass their modules. Only students who have never been funded by NSFAS may apply.
Does NSFAS fund postgraduate studies?
NSFAS only accepts postgraduate applications for the following postgraduate qualifications:
1. B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
2. B Tech – Biokinetics/Biomedical Technology/Biotechnology
3. Postgraduate Certificate in Education
4. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, and
Students wishing to study other postgraduate qualifications should not apply to NSFAS.
When do NSFAS results come out?
Application results will be communicated to all applicants at a date to be announced in January 2018. Application outcomes will be communicated via cell phone numbers or email addresses provided by applicants on the application forms.