Find the APS Score and Requirements for Diploma in Law course at Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) for 2024. This information is helpful for students that want to apply for Diploma in Law at TUT after passing their matric (Grade 12). Diploma in Law fall under the Faculty of Humanities.
Table of Contents
- Offering Campuses: The Diploma in Law is offered at the Soshanguve South and Mbombela Campuses of TUT.
- Intake Period: The course intake is in January only.
- Program Duration: The minimum duration for the Diploma in Law is three years.
- Application Deadline: Applications close on July 31.
As a dynamic university of technology, the Tshwane University of Technology will provide you with unlimited opportunities for professional and personal development, while equipping you with skills and knowledge to live your life to the fullest and to create your own destiny.
Grade 12 Requirements to Study for Diploma in Law at TUT
- For National Senior Certificate Holders (Post-2008):
- Requirement: You must have a National Senior Certificate with a bachelor’s degree or a diploma endorsement.
- English Proficiency: A minimum achievement level of 4 in English (home language or first additional language) is required.
- APS Score: An Admission Point Score (APS) of at least 20 is needed, excluding Life Orientation.
- Selection Process: No further assessments. Selection is based on achieving the minimum APS until the program is full.
- For National Certificate (Vocational) Holders at NQF Level 4:
- Requirement: You need a National Certificate (Vocational) at NQF Level 4 with a bachelor’s degree or diploma endorsement.
- English and Maths: At least 50% in English (home language or first additional language) and either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy.
- Other Subjects: 50% for any other three compulsory vocational subjects. Life Orientation is excluded from APS calculation.
- APS Score: An APS of at least 20, excluding Life Orientation, is required.
- Selection Process: Selection is based on achieving the minimum APS until the program is full.
- Class Presentation: Day and evening classes are available. Note that evening classes are only offered at the Soshanguve South Campus and depend on sufficient capacity.
- Career Opportunities: Graduates can pursue careers as cost consultants, paralegals in various legal settings, and more.
- Acceptance and Capacity: Acceptance is subject to available capacity as per the Student Enrolment Plan (SEP). Applicants will be informed of their status via an official letter from the Registrar’s Office or can check their status on the TUT website.
APS Score Required to Study for a Diploma in Law at TUT
Understanding APS Score:
- What is APS?: The Admission Point Score (APS) is a tool used by South African universities, including TUT, to assess if applicants qualify for their chosen study program. It converts your school grades into a point system.
- Calculation Method: Your APS is calculated based on your final high school results. Each of your Matric subject grades is converted into points based on a specific scale. These points are then added together to form your total APS.
Specific APS Requirements for Diploma in Law at TUT:
- Minimum APS: For the Diploma in Law, TUT requires a minimum APS of 20. This is a cumulative score, excluding the subject of Life Orientation.
- Subject Contributions:
- English: A level 4 achievement in English (home language or first additional language) is necessary. This means you need to have at least 50-59% in English.
- Mathematics/Mathematical Literacy: A minimum of 50% in either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy is required for National Certificate (Vocational) applicants.
- Other Subjects: For National Certificate (Vocational) applicants, 50% in any other three compulsory vocational subjects is also required.
Importance of APS in Selection:
- First-Come, First-Served Basis: Once applicants achieve the minimum APS of 20, they are considered for admission until the program reaches full capacity. This means the sooner you apply and qualify, the better your chances.
- No Additional Assessments: For this particular program at TUT, there are no further assessments or entrance tests once you meet the APS requirement. Your admission is based solely on your APS.
Application and Acceptance:
- Application Deadline: Ensure that your application is submitted by July 31.
- Checking Application Status: You can check whether you have been accepted into the program via an official letter from TUT’s Office of the Registrar or by checking the TUT website.
- Capacity Constraints: Be aware that meeting the APS requirement does not guarantee admission. Acceptance is also subject to the number of available spots in the program as determined by TUT’s Student Enrolment Plan.
Preparing for Application:
- Focus on Key Subjects: To meet the APS requirement of 20, concentrate on scoring high in English and other core subjects during your final year of high school.
- Early Application: Apply as early as possible since the selection process is competitive, and spaces fill up on a first-come, first-served basis.
By understanding and meeting these APS requirements, you place yourself in a good position to be considered for the Diploma in Law program at TUT. Remember to keep an eye on your overall academic performance to ensure that your APS aligns with the requirements.
Career Opportunities After Studies
There are great careers waiting for you after graduating from your Diploma in Law studies at TUT. Below is the list of some of the careers that you can start pursuing after your studies:
Costs consultants at cost consulting firms, cost consultant proprietors, paralegals in law firms, paralegals at justice centres (Legal Aid Board), paralegals at the office of the Master of the Supreme Court, paralegals at the Deeds’ Office, paralegals at private companies such as Scorpion Legal Protection.
How to apply
In order to enroll for your studies at TUT, Click Here
More TUT Courses APS Score Requirements
- Geomatics at TUT
- Diploma in Law at TUT
- Environmental Health at TUT
- Study for Diploma in Integrated Communication Design at TUT
- Diploma in Building at TUT
- Diploma in Water Science and Technology at TUT
- Nursing at TUT
- Diploma in Journalism at TUT
- Diploma in Policing at TUT
- Diploma in Somatic Therapy at TUT
- Diploma in Legal Support at TUT
- Higher Certificate in Water Treatment at TUT
- Diploma in Ecotourism Management at TUT
- Diploma in Food Operations Management at TUT
- BHSci Biokinetics at TUT
- Diploma in Equine Science at TUT
- Higher Certificate in Resource and Waste Management at TUT
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management at TUT
BEngTech Chemical Engineering at TUT
- Diploma in Performing Arts at TUT
- Diploma in Financial Management at TUT
- Diploma in Computer Science at TUT
- Diploma in Food Technology at TUT
- BEngTech Electrical Engineering at TUT
- Diploma in Fire Technology at TUT
- BSc Industrial Chemistry at TUT
- BHSci Veterinary Technology at TUT
- Higher Certificate in Dental Assisting at TUT
- Diploma in Computer Systems Engineering at TUT
- Diploma in Dental Technology at TUT
- Diploma in Environmental Sciences at TUT
Don’t miss these:
APS Score Calculator
Did You See These?
- APS Score Requirements for Industrial Psychology Degree Studies at UJ for 2024
- APS Score Requirements for Environmental Health Degree at UJ for 2025
- Courses that Require 20 Points or Low at Unisa
- APS Score Requirements to Study for Geomatics at TUT
- APS Score Requirements for Law studies at UJ (2024) – Full Explanation
- What Happens when you Upgrade your Matric Results and Fail
- Diploma in Law Unisa APS Score Requirements: A Comprehensive Guide
- APS Score Requirements to Study for Diploma in Event Management at TUT
Send Us a WhatsApp Message
065 380 8708
My Courses Editor