Find out how you can  Apply for a Replacement Copy of your Damaged or Lost Matric Certificate
Apply for replacement of your matric certificate at the Department of Basic Education if you have lost or damaged your original matric certificate.
You can request for the statement of results while waiting for the release of your certificate. If the certificate is damaged, you must return the damaged certificate to the department of Basic Education.
Please note: Applying for your lost or damaged matric certificate might differ from one province to another.

How to combine Matric Statements

If you wrote matric in more than one examination sitting and you want to combine your credits to qualify for a National Certificate, you must apply for replacement certificate: change of status. The department does not automatically combine your credits, unless you took a supplementary exam.
You can apply for confirmation statement of results while waiting for the National Senior Certificate.
Find out more about replacement certificate at the Department of Basic Education.

  • National office: 012 312 5845/6/7
  • Eastern Cape: 043 604 7709/73
  • Free State: 051 404 8000
  • Gauteng: 011 355 0588
  • KwaZulu-Natal: 031 327 0538/0331
  • Limpopo: 015 290 7747/7830
  • Mpumalanga: 013 766 0033
  • Northern Cape: 053 839 6585
  • North West: 018 384 3100/51
  • Western Cape: 021 467 2483

Leave a comment