Cape Peninsula University of Technology online application for 2019 studies – CPUT
Applications for the 2019 academic year intake opens on Monday, 21 May 2018 for all undergraduate and postgraduate applicants.
Please contact the Call Centre: (021) 959 6767 should require more information not covered in this document or the Online Application Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
CPUT has TWO different methods of applying. You have the option to choose only ONE of the following:
- Online Web application – Free of Charge
- Paper-based Application (manual application process) = R100 Application Fee
The following applicants will not be allowed to apply online for the 2018/2019 application cycle:
- Non South African Citizens including applicants with permanent residency
- Applicant with a Non South African High School Certificate (Matric)
- Applications for Recognition of prior learning
- Paper-based application forms must be submitted to CPUT and cannot be faxed or e-mailed.
- Applicants must have a valid e-mail address and cell phone number in order to apply online. All Communication with regard to your application will be sent via e-mail/sums. Should you not have a valid e-mail address you can create an e-mail account using Gmail, Yahoo Mail or any other e-mail provider you may prefer
- The online application has been tested and can be accessed via a PC or laptop. It is not guaranteed to cater for Tablets or Mobile Phones
- Applicant has a choice of applying to a maximum of 3 choices. At least one choice must be entered
- Applicants that have previously completed their Grade 12 must electronically upload their NSC/NCV results when applying online
- Supporting documentation must be certified (not less than 3 months old) and individually scanned
- When uploading documents, ensure that the scanned file is a maximum of 2MB, and that all documents are scanned in any of the following file types: tiff, pdf, jpg or gif
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded as separate attachments.
- Outstanding documentation can be uploaded by answering YES to the question: Have you already started an online application with CPUT and then select YES, I want to submit additional documentation. It may be e-mailed to Applications@cput.ac.za with the student number noted in the subject line of the e-mail (e.g. 2018 supporting documents 217103872) only in the case where you have difficulties uploading it electronically
STEP-BY-STEP ONLINE APPLICATION GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS WITH AN EXISTING CPUT STUDENT NUMBER
Download a step by step Guide for New Students without Student NumbersButton
Download a step by step Guide for Students with Student NumbersButton
2019 Application Link
Prospective candidates must apply online. Click here to apply online.
Please note that Only the following category of applicants are eligible to apply manually.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) candidates
- Non South African Citizens (International applicants)
- Non South African School Leaving Types applications
There are two ways you can get a form to apply for admission:
1. Download a PDF of the form that you can print at home.
2. Collect a form at the Registration and Applications Office on the various campuses.
Please note that applicants are limited to three choices (to be filled in on one form). Any further applications will be discarded.