Central Johannesburg TVET College (CJC) is a public Further Education and Training College that offers a wide range of qualifications, from NQF Level 2 to NQF Level 4 – from National Technical Education (NATED) programmes to the new and exciting National Certificate (Vocational) [NC(V)] to Skills courses and Learnerships. There are over fifty-six full time study opportunities, in four Schools, from which a student can choose. Prospective students also have an opportunity to study on a part time basis in some of these programmes. The CJC scope of curriculum currently operates through the following four dynamic Schools at respective campuses and sites: (a) The School for Enterprise and Business Development (EBD) (b) The School for Engineering Technology (ET) (c) The School for Health and Human Services (HHS) (d) The School for Information Communication Technology (ICT)
To enroll for any of the NC(V) qualifications at NQF Level 2, a prospective student:
- must have a Grade 9 pass or a higher qualification; OR
- must have an NQF Level 1 qualification; OR
- must have an approved bridging programme designed for the specific purpose to access NQF Level 2; OR
- go through a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2
To enroll for NQF Level 3, a student must have completed a relevant NQF Level 2.
- You must pass all SEVEN subjects to obtain the NC(V) qualification at a particular level and to progress to the next NQF Level.
- The pass requirement for the four vocation subjects is 50% per subject
- The pass requirement for the fundamental subjects is as follows:
- Life Orientation 40%
- Language/Communication 40%
- Maths/Maths Literacy 30%