Advanced Certificate in Teaching at UFSR
About this course
Apply for Advanced Certificate in Teaching at University of Free State
The University of the Free State now offers Advanced Certificates in Teaching (ACT) 100% online. These programmes enable experienced teachers to earn their National Qualifications Framework (NQF) Level 6 qualification conveniently on their computers – no travel is required. Busy South African teachers can now complete relevant and required modules electronically – providing more flexibility in meeting personal and professional needs.
Advanced Certificate in Teaching course includes the following
- You will learn how to incorporate technology into your classroom and in your own practice as a teacher.
- You will be kept in touch with recent methodologies of the subject(s) you teach.
- The online ACT will qualify you in a different area or specialisation, eg. if you are a Foundation Phase teacher who would like to teach in the Intermediate or Senior Phase.
- You will upgrade your competency with the subject you are teaching without the proper subject qualification.
- Teachers not yet on a REQV14 teaching qualification level will upgrade from REQV 13 level to REQV14.
- Teachers can complete the qualification in 18–20 months compared to the usual 24 months.
- The knowledge gained can be incorporated immediately in your classrooms.
- The programmes are taught by highly qualified faculty.
- The programme is HEQC-approved.
- The programme offers six starting dates per year.
- It will save you money, as no travelling to contact sessions is required. All 100% online sessions with an online facilitator to guide you.
- You can earn Professional Development points.
- You can complete the qualification in 18-20 months compared to 24 months.