B.Com. Management Marketing Course – Boston CollegeR
About this course
Apply for B.Com. Management Marketing Course at Boston College
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
YEAR ONE MODULES
• Computer Literacy 1 (HCLT1171)*
• Business Management 1 (HBMN1161)**
• Entrepreneurship 1 (HENT1161)**
• Brand Management 1 (HBRD1161)**
• Financial Management 1A (HFMN1A161)**
• Company Law 1 (HCML1161)**
• Economics 1 (HECO1161)**
• Marketing Management 1 (HMKT1161)**
• Industrial Psychology 1 (HIND1161)**
• Financial Management 1B (HFMN1B161)**
YEAR TWO MODULES
• Business Management 2 (HBMN2161)**
• Entrepreneurship 2 (HENT2161)**
• Financial Management 2 (HFMN2161)**
• Brand Management 2 (HBRD2161)**
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLT2171)*
• Company Law 2 (HCML2161)**
• Project Management 1 (HPRM1161)**
• Industrial Psychology 2 (HIND2161)**
• Marketing Management 2 (HMKT2161)**
YEAR THREE MODULES
• Business Management 3 (HBMN3161)**
• Entrepreneurship 3 (HENT3161)**
• Financial Management 3 (HFMN3161)**
• Market Research (HMKR3161)**
• Marketing Management 3 (HMKT3161)**
• Project Management 2 (HPRM2161)**
• Brand Management 3 (HBRD3161) OR Industrial Psychology 3 (HIND3161)**
• Work Integrated Learning BCOMMM (HWBCM3171)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and are weighted 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and are weighted 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is three years and the maximum duration is six years of study.
On completion of the programme graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
• Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Apply general business principles to real-life situations and interpret economic realities of local and global communities
• Manage financial, marketing and technology resources in organisations
• Analyse financial and brand information
• Demonstrate entrepreneurial and project management skills
• Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Bachelor’s study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Bachelor’s studies; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.