BCom Honours Industrial Psychology at UJR
About this course
Apply for BCom Honours Industrial Psychology at UJ
What are the qualification objectives?
Managers all over the word are in a desperate struggle to acquire talented workers. Many are responding with an
all-out effort to recruit and attract the right candidates. However, they can more easily compete in this tough job market by concentrating on retaining the good workers they already have.
If you would like to invest in yourself and a career focused on work and the workplace, then you have to consider to further your education and to enrol for the postgraduate BA/BCom (Hons) Industrial Psychology degree we offer.
Industrial and Organisational Psychology is a specialised field within the larger discipline of Psychology that focuses on the people and the workplace. This postgraduate degree will increase your understanding of how people relate to work settings for the ultimate purpose of bringing about improvement for all concerned.
The aim of the qualification is to develop the applied competence of mastering analysis, interpreting and understanding of Industrial Psychological principles and methods. It will further develop your intellectual and professional skills.
This qualification will prepare you to reflect on your own psychological and human resource management applications and to assess the effect thereof in the holistic context of Industrial Psychology within your everyday life. Additionally, it will prepare you for further postgraduate studies in Industrial Psychology.
- Contemporary Issues in Organisational and Career Psychology
- Industrial Psychological testing and assessment
- Organisational Wellness
- Research Design and Analysis: Quantitative Research
- Contemporary Issues in Personnel Psychology
- Psychometric Theory
- Research Design and Analysis: Qualitative Research
- Industrial Psychological Research Project
- Industrial Psychological Practice
What are the admission requirements?
A potential student should be in possession of a BCom/BA degree on NQF Level 6 with Industrial Psychology as major module with at least 65% average.
Since only a limited number of students can be accommodated annually, applicants will be subjected to a selection process.
We offer a fulltime (one-year) and parttime (two-year) option.
What is the language of tuition?
Classes and study material are presented in English but students are welcome to participate in both English and Afrikaans.
How will you be assessed?
Formal examinations are set for each module, which are written on completion of the respective modules, generally twice a year (during May and October).
The final pass mark is comprised of 50% of the semester mark and 50% of the examination mark. A sub-minimum of 40% must be obtained during the examination, and a final pass mark of 50% is required.
The closing date for applications for the honours degree is 30 September. After selection you will be informed of the registration procedure.
All applications must include the following:
• Application is done online
• Certified copy of ID document
• Certified copy of relevant qualification(s) and degree certificate(s)
• Certified copy of full academic record (including “conduct” statement)
• Certified copy of marriage certificate (if applicable)
• Certified copy of SAQA evaluation in the case of a foreign qualification
• Application fee for first-time applications
• Appropriate bursary/sponsor letter if sponsored by employer
Please note that international students must first contact the International Office (Tel: 011 559 4517) or send an email to email@example.com before submitting an application. The general deadline for international applicants is 12:00 on the last Friday of August of each year.
Application closing date
Before 30 September of each year
Who can be contacted?
Tel: 011 559 2185