Digital Music Composition & Production Course at BostonR
About this course
Digital Music Composition & Production Course at Boston
Soul Candi have teamed up with Boston City Campus and Business College to bring you a revolutionary new approach to digital music composition and production. This programme, one of a kind in Africa, seamlessly integrates modern music composition with all the latest music production techniques being used by the world’s best hit-making producers! This short course provides you with the skills you will need to enter the exciting and vibrant life of music production. You can thrive in the highly competitive and dynamic audio visual industry with the right commitment and passion to succeed.
Exciting career opportunities in the Music Industry
This Short Learning Programme provides exciting career opportunities in the fields of music and music business, for example:
- Remixer, Producer, Live Artist
- Film Score Composer
- Sound and Music Design for Games, TV, Film and other Multimedia Applications
- Record Producer
- Post Production and Mastering Engineer
What materials will I require to Study?
Boston will provide access to the required hardware and software at your selected support centre as well as, course outlines, timetables, and printed study guides, workbooks (where applicable). Therefore there will be no requirement to purchase any additional prescribed materials.
What are the Programme Outcomes?
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
- Produce basic and advanced music composition techniques with a focus on modern and electronic music styles.
- Develop knowledge and an understanding of the underlying principles and concepts relating to drum programming and technical proficiency to apply these techniques universally.
- Demonstrate knowledge of music theory and fundamental ability to play scales.
- Utilise the following Digital Audio Workstations (DAW) Steinberg Cubase, Propellerheads: Reason & Native Instruments Komplete.
- Apply sound design techniques.
- Apply in audio engineering fundamentals such as mixing, mastering.
How long does the course take?
What is the Duration of Study? • The minimum duration is ten (10) months.