Diploma in Grade R Teaching NWUR
About this course
Apply for Diploma in Grade R Teaching at NWU
SAQA ID: 91726
• Prospective students must already be working at a school in Grade R to be able to apply for admission.
• This is a three year diploma on NQF-level 6.
• As part of this qualification, students will be expected to gain experience in applying knowledge and skills in the context of working with Grade R learners in a school.
• This qualification will also provide a vast number of under- and unqualified Grade R practitioners with the opportunity to gain access to a higher education qualification.
• The Diploma in Grade R Teaching is recognised by the Department of Basic Education and utilised to enable the practitioners to qualify for the relevant REQV level 13 for salary purposes.
• This specialised qualification will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to articulate into a BEd (Foundation Phase) qualification in order to gain status as a fully qualified Foundation Phase teacher.
- A National Senior Certificate with a diploma entry endorsement or equivalent;
- A Level 4 or Level 5 Certificate or Diploma in Early Childhood Development may also be presented for admission.
Method of course delivery
The North-West University provides each student with the opportunity to attend contact sessions at specific NWU venues countrywide. Lecturers are available for students for extra support. Additional student support is provided by means of Learner Management system:
What is a Learner Management system
A Learner Management system supports communication between lecturers and students and creates a collaboration environment for students and researchers. Academic information such as subject content, discussion forums, important dates, additional resources and supplementary instruction are clearly advised on e-Fundi.
Get more info: www.nwu.ac.za