Mancosa Diploma Courses – Public ManagementR
About this course
Mancosa Diploma and Degree Courses – Public Management
About the Course
The Bachelor of Public Administration programme is an undergraduate degree programme which focuses on the principles and practices of Public Administration and Management in the Public Sector. The programme equips the student to function effectively and efficiently in public service organisations.
It also examines local systems of government. This includes an understanding of the different types of local government and their constitutional relations with the intermediate and central government. It also examines public policy issues and priorities. The programme has the primary purpose of providing a well rounded, broad education that equips students with the knowledge base and methodology principles that enable them to enter the labour market.
What you will learn from the course
- Facilitate capacity building and public administration development in order to promote and accelerate economic development,
- Empower students with public administration management skills and competencies necessary to function in and contribute to the advancement of private and public sector organisations,
- Contribute to the supply of professional skills in the Southern African Development community,
- Cater for the career and economic needs of students who are in full-time employment and students out of school who choose distance education programmes,
- Create an awareness of research activity which contributes to social development;
- Equip the student to function effectively and efficiently in public service organisations, and
- Prepare students to enter postgraduate studies.
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English; or
- A Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate or Diploma.