MBA at Graduate School of BusinessR
About this course
MBA at Graduate School of Business
The MBA at the GSB is a life-changing programme. It will give you a solid grounding in international business with a strong focus on emerging markets. Emerging market business is confronted with a high degree of uncertainty, complexity, and often, excessive inequality. Such a world needs new ideas and solutions, and we’re focusing our energy on developing teaching and research that responds to this need.
The MBA programme is offered as a one-year, full-time course or in a two-year, modular format for delegates who are unable to study full-time.
Our Five Learning Goals:
1. Demonstrate the necessary managerial knowledge, tools and techniques to be an efficient and effective manager.
- A clear understanding of the concepts, theories and leading issues in the field of general management and business administration
- An understanding of the context in which business operates
- An ability to evaluate, synthesise and integrate relevant theories of management
2. Exhibit personal leadership competencies that reflect values-based solutions and can be applied to the contexts in which you operate.
- Identify and evaluate the core constructs of leadership and its application to local and global contexts
- Appreciate different perspectives and world views
- Appreciate the relevance of personal concerns in leadership enhancement and identify and articulate personal values systems
3. Be able to adapt your management and leadership skills and apply these in diverse national and international contexts, with a sound understanding of sustainable development issues.
- Understand the different challenges that businesses and leaders face when they operate in diverse national and international environments
- Be able to adapt to diverse cultures and institutional environments and operate in conditions of uncertainty
- Understand sustainable development issues and the role of business in promoting these
4. Demonstrate entrepreneurial competencies based on innovation and creativity.
- Approach, decipher, and ultimately create value for entrepreneurial enterprises
- Develop various tools and skills to identify areas in which a business or innovation is viable
- Initiate relationships and engage with various stakeholders to further develop innovative ideas and proposals for businesses of all types
5. Possess the pedagogical skills of critical thinking, problem solving, collection and analysis of data and effective written communication.
- Understand research skills and be able to manipulate quantitative information, graphs and equations
- Understand, evaluate and critique written texts of descriptive, prescriptive and argumentative character
- Conduct independent research and produce written texts in line with international standards
- Communicate verbally or in writing with professional audiences
- Challenge orthodoxies and redefine existing knowledge, while demonstrating an awareness of the nature of knowledge in the field