Teaching Courses offered at University Limpopo (UL)R
About this course
Apply for Teaching Courses offered at University Limpopo (UL) – Admission and Requirements
Education is one of the core academic fields supporting the African Renaissance. To make sure that our country continues to develop and provide a better standard of living for everyone, we need a well-educated populace. Since 1994, enormous changes in educational policies, as well as practices, have occurred. These changes attempt to provide a responsive and relevant education system for South Africa. The School of Education is deeply committed to this ambitious Education Project and sets out “to make a difference.”
Pre-service, in-service and post-graduate programmes are available in the School of Education :
Teaching Certificates and Degrees at university of Limpopo
- Advanced Certificate in Education – Mathematics (ACEM)
- Advanced Certificate in Education – Science (ACES)
- Advanced Certificate in Education – Grade R (ACEGR)
- Advanced Certificate in Education – Learners with Barriers to Learning and Education – Remedial Education (ACERE)
- Advanced Certificate in Adult Basic Education and Training (ACEABE)
- Advanced Certificate in Education – Life Orientation (ACELO)
- Advanced Certificate in Education – Integrating Values and Human Rights in Education (ACEHRE)
- Post Graduate Certificate In Education (PGCE)
- Bachelor of Education Senior Phase and FET (BEDSPF)
Post graduate Teaching degrees
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed Hons)
- Master of Education (M.Ed)
- Masters by course work
- Masters in Science and Mathematics Education (M.Ed Maths & Sci)
- Masters in Language and Communication (M.Ed LED)
- Masters in Adult Education (M.Ed AE
Admission Requirement at University of Limpopo
Only Bachelor Certificate holders are eligible to apply for admission.
1.1 National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Bachelor exemption
Prospective students, with an NSC, who wish to gain entry to any undergraduate programme at the University of Limpopo, should comply with the following:
- Life Orientation with an achievement level of at least three (3).
- Aligned with the language policy of the university, English as a language of learning and teaching with an achievement level of at least three (3).
- The required minimum levels of achievement in specific subjects as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty, provided that:
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of four (4) for degree programmes and
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of three (3) for diploma programmes.
- The required Admission Point Score (APS) as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty.
Meeting the minimum APS for a particular programme does not, however, guarantee admission.
1.2 Matriculation Certificate (prior 2008)
- Students, who successfully completed Grade 12 before 2008, can apply for admission to the University with the normal Grade 12 Senior Certificate with full university exemption by converting their grade symbols to an APS.
1.3 National Certificate (Vocational)
- Students who have successfully completed a National Certificate Vocational NC(V) Level 4 qualification will require the following and will be subject to Faculty Admission Specifications and Placement Tests:
- NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 60% (Life Orientation included) and 4 relevant vocational subjects at 70% for degree programmes.
- NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 50% (Life Orientation included) and 3 compulsory vocational subjects at 60% for diploma programmes.
1.4 The Admission Point Score (APS) system
The system is a simple calculation, using your NSC or Grade 12 university exemption results, which can be done by any prospective student to determine if he/she meets the minimum requirements to gain entry into:
- The University of Limpopo
- A specific programme of choice offered by a Faculty within the University.