Examination guidelines for 2021 Grade 12 CAPS pdf: A number of concerns were received from teachers, subject specialists, parents and education stakeholders about the challenges in the implementation of the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) in many subjects across the grades (exams) with regards to:
- curriculum/assessment overload and poor curriculum coverage;
- poor quality of formal assessment tasks;
- lack of guidance on the use of cognitive levels;
- omissions on the forms of assessment; and weighting of assessment with regards to time and marks;
- the need to create more time for teaching and formative assessment;
- the number of tasks based on the need to make valid and reliable judgments about learning outcomes;
- shift from disconnected ‘tagged on’ assessments to credible assessment tasks;
- the nature of the subject and Grade used to determine the required number of assessment tasks; and to reduce dominance by any single type or mode, e.g.: Tests, Projects, Assignments, Case Studies, Simulations etc.
The Department of Basic Education has considered the concerns and has agreed to undertake a holistic review of the CAPS documents to enhance the effectiveness of the curriculum. However, a curriculum strengthening process is lengthy and includes strict policy processes. To urgently address the most pressing needs and provide interim relief to teachers whilst supporting effective curriculum implementation, transitional arrangements have been approved whilst allowing the rigorous process of strengthening the CAPS to take place. The DBE developed an abridged version of Section 4 of the CAPS, focusing mainly on the reduction of formal assessment tasks across most subjects.
Examination Guidelines for 2021 are for the following Grade 12 subjects:
- Agricultural Management Practices
- Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Technology
- Business Studies
- Computer Applications Technology (CAT)
- Civil Technology – Civil Services, Construction and Woodworking
- Consumer Studies
- Electrical Technology – Digital Electronics, Electronics and Power Systems
- Engineering Graphics & Design (EGD)
- First Additional Languages (FAL)
- Home Languages
- Hospitality Studies
- Information Technology (IT)
- Life Orientation
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Literacy
- Mechanical Technology – Automotive, Fitting and Machining & Welding and Metalwork
- Physical Sciences
- Religion Studies
- Second Additional Languages
- Technical Mathematics
- Technical Sciences
Download the Guidelines for 2021 below:
Take a Quiz
Grade 12 Geography Free Resources
- Geography Grade 12 Essays
- Mid Latitude Cyclones Notes Grade 12
- Geography Grade 12 2019 Exam Papers and Memos
- Geography Grade 12 2020 Past Papers and Memos
- Geography Grade 12 Research Tasks (Topics) and Memos (SBA)
- Grade 12 Geography Exam Papers and Memos for 2019 September and November
Hey, Grade 12 Learners. My Courses portal has everything you needed to ace your matric exams, tests, assessments, research tasks, and assignments. Feel free to explore all resources for grade 12 learners, such as Study Guides, Department of Basic Education Past Exam Papers with Memos, and Speech Topics.
Have you made your career choice yet?
Now that you have made it all the way from your 1st grade to the final (Grade 12) grade, have you made up your mind about what career you want to pursue after matric? Have a look at the below questions and click on the links for more information:
Do you know:
- If you want to study at a University or College?
- What career or course/qualification do you plan to pursue after school?
- What subjects you will need to study for this career?
- Which country do you want to study at, Canada maybe?
- How will you pay for your studies?