Highly Rated Accounting Courses to study in South Africa: Online Distance Learning or Full-Time. So you want to build a great career in the Accounting career field hey? Ok, good. On this page, you will find highly accelerated and recommended Accounting courses that you can study in South Africa. Options for studies include Distance Learning, Online, Part-time, and Short Courses, and Full-time. A reputable and accredited course in Accounting will definitely provide you with unlimited jobs opportunities.
Did you know?: Accounting or accountancy is the measurement, processing, and communication of financial and non financial information about economic entities such as businesses and corporations.
Watch: Accounting Jobs Explained
Top 5 Accounting Courses to study in South Africa
- Bachelor of Accounting at UJ: Chartered Accountancy Stream (Distance Learning)
- BCom Chartered Accountant Degree at University of Cape Town (Full-Time)
- Diploma in Business Accounting Full-time at Rosebank College (Full-Time)
- Financial Accounting at UNISA (Distance Learning)
- Higher Certificate in Accounting at Regent Business School (Online)
Accounting Career Path in South Africa
Step 1: Choose the correct subject combination at High School
At high school level, you will need to choose Mathematics (Not Maths Literacy) and Accounting (preferably). You will also need to get a good APS Score to increase your chances of getting accepted at Universities.
Step 2: apply at a University that offers Accounting Courses:
After matric, you will need to enrol in a university and complete a Bachelor of Commerce degree – or equivalent qualification at a SAIPA-accredited institution.
Below are the most required modules on your tertiary qualification:
- Financial Accounting
- Auditing OR Internal Auditing
- Commercial Law
- Finance OR Management Accounting
Top accounting schools in South Africa
- The University of Johannesburg,
- Wits University,
- University of Cape Town, and
- The University of Pretoria.
Step 3: Get a Learnership:
Having successfully earned your Bachelor of Commerce degree, you will need to gain invaluable work experience in a three-year learnership at a SAIPA-Accredited Training Centres (ATC).