University of Limpopo (UL)
University of Limpopo Founded in 1959, University of Limpopo is a non-profit public higher education institution located in Sovenga, Limpopo. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Medunsa. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Department of Higher Education and Training, South Africa, University of Limpopo (UL) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 15,000-19,999 students) coeducational higher education institution.
About University of Limpopo
University of Limpopo Founded in 1959, University of Limpopo is a non-profit public higher education institution located in Sovenga, Limpopo. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Medunsa. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Department of Higher Education and Training, South Africa, University of Limpopo (UL) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 15,000-19,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. University of Limpopo (UL) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank course levels and areas of studies matrix below for further details. This 58 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students’ past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 40-50% making this South African higher education organization a averagely selective institution. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. UL also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, housing, sport facilities and/or activities, financial aids and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services.
How to Apply for Admission at University of Limpopo (UL)
Applying at University of Limpopo
Step 1: Download application form from our website or apply online www.ul.ac.za/online
Step 2: Your academic application form must be accompanied by an application fee which is R220-00 for South African students and R330-00 for International students.
Step 3: Once you have submitted your application form, please wait for 4 weeks before checking on your application status.
Application closing date: 30 September 2017 (Both SA and International students)
*Note: make sure that you meet or exceed the admission requirements as set out on the prospectus. Only Bachelor Certificate holders are eligible to apply for admission.
1.1 National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Bachelor exemption
Prospective students, with an NSC, who wish to gain entry to any undergraduate programme at the University of Limpopo, should comply with the following:
- Life Orientation with an achievement level of at least three (3).
- Aligned with the language policy of the university, English as a language of learning and teaching with an achievement level of at least three (3).
- The required minimum levels of achievement in specific subjects as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty, provided that:
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of four (4) for degree programmes and
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of three (3) for diploma programmes.
- The required Admission Point Score (APS) as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty.
Meeting the minimum APS for a particular programme does not, however, guarantee admission.
1.2 Matriculation Certificate (prior 2008)
- Students, who successfully completed Grade 12 before 2008, can apply for admission to the University with the normal Grade 12 Senior Certificate with full university exemption by converting their grade symbols to an APS.
1.3 National Certificate (Vocational)
- Students who have successfully completed a National Certificate Vocational NC(V) Level 4 qualification will require the following and will be subject to Faculty Admission Specifications and Placement Tests:
- NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 60% (Life Orientation included) and 4 relevant vocational subjects at 70% for degree programmes.
- NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 50% (Life Orientation included) and 3 compulsory vocational subjects at 60% for diploma programmes.
1.4 The Admission Point Score (APS) system
The system is a simple calculation, using your NSC or Grade 12 university exemption results, which can be done by any prospective student to determine if he/she meets the minimum requirements to gain entry into:
- The University of Limpopo, and
- A specific programme of choice offered by a Faculty within the University.
1. Submit your application form and all the necessary documentation including application fee before closing date.
2. An SMS will be sent to you informing you of the status of your application
thereafter a letter of confirmation.
3. Current matriculants who qualify based on their Grade 12 mid-term performance, are provisionally admitted pending the submission of their final matric results and subject to availability of space.
4. Successful applicants will receive an admission letter, together with a registration guide, which reflects the registration dates and orientation programme. It is important to note that all applicants who wrote the National Senior Certificate (NSC) are required to write the National Benchmark test (NBT) before they are allowed to register for their 1st year at University.