IMM Higher Certificate in Marketing course
The Higher Certificate in Marketing is offered as a basic entry-level marketing qualification at level 5 of the NQF (HEQSF aligned) and consists of 135 credits.
The Higher Certificate in Marketing can be completed within a minimum of one year but must be completed within four years.
There are seven learning outcomes in this programme
- Demonstrate an elementary but broad scope of knowledge in the field of business and link marketing activities to the functioning of organisations.
- Demonstrate an elementary understanding of literacy with respect to economics, management, business communication and marketing.
- Explain the typical elementary methods and procedures involved in marketing.
- Solve elementary marketing problems in organisations.
- Access, process and manage elementary marketing information.
- Demonstrate an elementary understanding of the economic context and systems within which organisations operate and link these to marketing opportunities.
- Manage elementary learning in the field of marketing.
This programme consists of seven modules and is structured as follows:
- Marketing 1 (20 credits)
- Academic Literacy 1 (15 credits)
- Fundamentals of Business Communication 1 (20 credits)
- Business Management 1 (20 credits)
- Business Numeracy 1 (20 credits)
- Economic Principles 1 (20 credits)
- Sales Management 1 (20 credits)