Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) Online Application 2021: The Cape Peninsula University of Technology is at the heart of technology education and innovation in Africa. An internationally acclaimed institution, it is the only university of technology in the Western Cape and is the largest university in the region with an enrolment of more than 30 000 students. The university has six faculties offering a wide range of accredited undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of Applied Sciences, Business, Education and Social Sciences, Engineering, Informatics and Design as well as Health and Wellness Sciences.
How to Check Application Status at Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) for 2021
You can check your application status at CPUT online here
How to apply at Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) for 2021
Online Application Guide:
- Click here for detailed international related information.
- Click here for international admission requirements
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning applicants):
First access the RPL website page for important RPL related information – click here
- No manual posted or over the counter applications will be accepted unless for those categories that cannot submit online and as outlined in Step 3: Get an application form here
- Please note that applicants are limited to three choices. (except for RPL – only one choice permissible).
- Some qualifications require applicants to submit additional information as part of their application as outlined in Step 1: Choose a qualification and Step 2: Gather your documents
Submit your online application
Applicants that have never applied and/or studied (including Short Courses) at CPUT before (i.e. no existing CPUT student number)
Applicants that have applied and/or studied (including Short Courses) at CPUT before (i.e. have an existing CPUT student number)
If you have already submitted your application online but wish to edit/add information or submit supporting documentation – Please click here
Note the following before you apply:
- Every prospective student shall apply for admission to a programme offered by the University (online or where applicable) on the prescribed application. The application must be completed in detail and signed by the prospective student and his/ her parent or guardian if s/ he is a minor. The application must be submitted to the Registrar by the date stipulated in 2.4 below, together with the proof of payment of the application fee,if the application is manual. Online application, where applicable, does not generate an application fee.
- Applicants are allowed to apply to a maximum of three programmes.
- Any person applying for admission as a student at CPUT for the first time shall together with his/ her application form, submit his/ her grade 12 certificate or equivalent, grade 11 final results, if transferring from another higher-education institution a certificate of conduct and academic record, identity document (ID) or unabridged birth certificate with identity or passport number.
- The closing date for applications for admission is 30 September, except where otherwise stated. No late applications from international applicants will be accepted, except where otherwise stated. Applications for international applicants close on 31 August. These international applications must include the SAQA evaluation certificates. First time entering degree seeking international applicants must submit an Exemption Board certificate. A late application fee shall be payable for applications received after 30 September.
- No person shall be admitted to a qualification unless he/ she satisfies the minimum admission requirements prescribed for the course and has:
- a matriculation certificate, issued by the Matriculation Board (up to and including 1991) or the South African Certification Board (since 1992);
- a certificate that has been endorsed in accordance with the South African Certification Council Act to the effect that he/ she has met the minimum requirements for admission to study at a university; or
- any alternative qualifications, including National Certificate Vocational or relevant work experience (prior learning and/ or experience) that is recognised in terms of the admission policy of the University as laid down by Council in consultation with Senate.
- All candidates who comply with the minimum requirements are still subject to selection procedures.
- A student shall be enrolled when his/ her application for admission as a student has been approved, and when he/ she has been registered in accordance with the rules of CPUT. Only the Registrar or his/ her nominee is allowed to communicate the outcome
Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) Faculties
2021 Applications Contacts
List of Universities in South Africa
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Mangosuthu University of Technology
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Vaal University of Technology
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences
- Sol Plaatje University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Mpumalanga
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- University of the Free State
- University of Venda
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Zululand
- Walter Sisulu University