University of Mpumalanga online application for 2021: The University of Mpumalanga (UMP) is situated in the scenic Province of the rising sun, a context for staff and students’ inspiration. UMP was established in 2013, and enrolled the first cohort of 169 students in February 2014 in three programmes, namely Bachelor of Education (Foundation Phase Teaching), Bachelor of Agriculture in Agricultural Extension and Rural Resource Development and Diploma in ICT. Rapid and gratifying growth has been experienced since the establishment of the University. The University now offers 26 qualifications, to a total of 4200 students in 2020.
The University of Mpumalanga is committed to offering its students a life-changing experience through high quality curricula and co-curricular programmes. These programmes promote the principles of excellence and academic integrity. At UMP, we enable students to realise their full potential in the full spectrum of cognitive, social, aesthetic, and personal dimensions, in pursuit of democratic citizenship. Furthermore, we are guided by the principle of access for success to foster a positive learning experience and outcome for our students. We create and maintain a conducive ecology, and an enabling teaching and research environment. Additionally, we conduct high-quality teaching and research with high impact. All the foregoing are made possible through collaboration with strategic partners, locally, nationally and internationally. The University prides itself for being able to respond with agility to the dynamic needs of its students and the communities it serves. UMP is striving for innovation and transformation, in the interests of the less privileged. We foster creativity and entrepreneurial spirit among our students. Our state of the art infrastructure and iconic buildings provide students with a living and learning environment that is responsive to the needs of our students.
How to apply online at University of Mpumalanga for 2021
- Step 1: Click on the student portal link on the UMP website home page.
- Step 2: Click on new application.
- Step 3: Capture your biographical information and save to generate your reference /student number and pin code to be used to proceed with your application.
- Step 4: Put your student number/reference number.
- Step 5: Click on applications to proceed with your application.
- Step 6: Click on view application rules and click on “I accept” after reading.
- Step 7: Click on “next step” to proceed to the next step.
- Step 8: Load your scanned documents, i.e. Certified ID, results and proof of payment (R150). Banking details are on application rules under step no. 1.
- Step 9: Click on upload document.
- Step 10: Select your scanned document from the source file and click on save. Close the window and click on the next step.
- Step 11: Click on the grey radio button on the right of each block to select the subject.
- Step 12: Click on “next step” to proceed to the next step.
- Step 13: Select the school from grey radio button.
- Step 14: Complete this form if you were enrolled in another institution, save and click the next step.
- Step 15: Type in the programme you wish to enrol for and click the search button.
- Step 17: Select period of study, e.g. First year. Type academic preference (i.e. 1 = First choice; 2 = Second choice, etc). Click on save and continue to next step.
- Step 18: Check if your biographical information was captured correctly and ensure all your documents are loaded on certificate seen, click on save and proceed to the next step.
- Step 19: Click on communication type if you want to make changes to your communication details.
- Step 20: View the programmes you have applied for.
- Step 21: View your application status.
- Step 22: View if you have gone through all the processes.
2021 Applications Contacts
List of Universities in South Africa
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Mangosuthu University of Technology
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Vaal University of Technology
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences
- Sol Plaatje University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Mpumalanga
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- University of the Free State
- University of Venda
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Zululand
- Walter Sisulu University