University of the Free State online application for 2021: The University of the Free State is a multi campus public university in Bloemfontein, the capital of the Free State and the judicial capital of South Africa. It was first established as an institution of higher learning in 1904 as a tertiary portion of Grey College.
Why study at University of Free State?
- Our 3 campuses each has a unique character and beautiful setting.
- We boast outstanding alumni, including Mme Justice Mahube Molemela, Crystal-Donna Roberts, and Heinrich Brüssow.
- We are proud of our international stars, Wayde van Niekerk, Rolene Strauss, Louzanne Coetzee, and Rynhardt van Rensburg.
- You can participate in more than 22 different sport disciplines.
- Study from almost 700 000 library books, including our ever growing ebooks collection.
- Join thousands of other students enrolled in 7 faculties.
Undergraduate Applications info for 2021
- Please click HERE to consult the 2021 Undergraduate Prospectus to ensure you meet the minimum entrance requirements before applying.
- Each prospective student must complete the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number (Reference number).
- Receiving a student number (Reference number) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of the Free State yet.
- In the case of applicants re-writing Grade 12 subjects, applications will be processed on the current results available. If Grade 12 has been written more than once then your combined results must be submitted with your application.
- Applicants writing the National Senior Certificate (NSC) through IEB or SACAI examining bodies can apply online by selecting “National Senior Certificate” under the Results Detail page of the online application process.
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 are requested to provide school stamped copies of final Grade 11 results for verification and auditing purposes.
- Applicants transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to declare their previous studies when applying as well as upload a full academic record/transcript and degree/diploma certificate (if applicable).
- The University of the Free State will not accept the General Education Development (GED) test for entry into any of its curricular undergraduate qualifications. The GED is no longer recognised by Universities South Africa (USAf), and is not equivalent to a South African grade 12 (NSC/IEB/SACAI). Applicants who completed the GED and would like to study towards an undergraduate curricular qualification are advised to register and complete a grade 12 NSC/IEB/SACAI or international equivalent thereof.
- Applicants who did not complete SC/NSC/IEB must have USAF accreditation from the examination board for South African Universities. Click HERE to apply online for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption or mature age conditional exemption or send an email to email@example.com.
What Courses are offered at University of Free State
Download 2021 prospectus below per Faculty:
- Education 2021PDF, 474.72 KB
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences 2021PDF, 833.00 KB
- Economic and Management Sciences 2021PDF, 496.60 KB
- Theology and Religion 2021PDF, 463.98 KB
- Humanities 2021PDF, 525.17 KB
- Health Sciences 2021PDF, 571.59 KB
- Law 2021PDF, 399.21 KB
2021 Applications Contacts
List of Universities in South Africa
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Mangosuthu University of Technology
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Vaal University of Technology
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences
- Sol Plaatje University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Mpumalanga
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- University of the Free State
- University of Venda
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Zululand
- Walter Sisulu University