MBL Unisa Admission Requirements for 2024
As we step into 2024, the University of South Africa (UNISA) continues to offer its prestigious Master of Business Leadership (MBL) program, renowned for developing top-tier business leaders. If you’re considering this path, it’s crucial to understand the admission requirements to ensure you’re well-prepared for the journey ahead. Here’s a comprehensive guide to what you’ll need for the MBL program at UNISA in 2024.
Table of Contents
- Degree Requirements: You must hold an honours bachelor’s degree or a postgraduate diploma, or a 480-credit bachelor’s degree with at least 96 credits at NQF level 8.
- Experience: A minimum of five years’ relevant managerial, specialist, or professional experience is required. This ensures that you can contribute meaningfully to the program.
Additional Admission Criteria
- Admissions Test: Even if you meet the minimum criteria, be prepared to possibly sit for the GSBL Admissions Test as part of the selection process.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Up to 10% of the annual intake may be admitted on the basis of RPL.
- SAQA Evaluation: If you have foreign qualifications, including those from African countries, you must have them evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Time Limits for the Degree
- Duration: The MBL is a 180-credit structured coursework master’s degree that must be completed within three years. There’s an option to apply for one additional year of study.
- Coursework and Dissertation: The MBL involves intensive theoretical engagement and a research project culminating in a mini-dissertation. You’ll need to pass at least two modules before registering for the research proposal module.
- Research Proposal Module: Failing the research proposal module after passing all other modules will disqualify you from continuing with the qualification.
Research Focus Areas
- Guidelines: You can download the GSBL’s Research Focus Areas for 2024 for detailed information.
Fees and Funding
- Application Fee: There’s a non-refundable online application fee of R135,00. Remember to use your UNISA student number and the application fee reference number for payments.
- Completing Your Application: After receiving your student number, you must complete the online application process and upload the necessary supporting documents.
This guide should give you a clear understanding of what’s expected for admission into the MBL program at UNISA in 2024. Whether you’re a local or international student, ensure that you meet these requirements to embark on this exciting and challenging journey in business leadership.
For more details and updates, visit UNISA’s official website. 🎓🌍📈
Don’t miss these:
APS Score Calculator
Did You See These?
- What are the Requirements to Study Teaching at Unisa
- Courses that Require 20 Points or Low at Unisa
- Social Auxiliary Work, how long does it takes to study at Unisa
- Pathway to Becoming a Lecturer at the University of South Africa (UNISA)
- Early Childhood Development Education Courses at Unisa: requirements and Application Info
- Business Management, how long does it takes to study at Unisa
- Where can you study Teaching part time in South Africa
- Forensic Science, how long does it takes to study at Unisa
Find Articles by Authors
My Courses Editor