National Certificate in Film and Television Operations at Revolution Media:
This Qualification provides you with the necessary competence to enter the film and television industry by ensuring that you understand the context and that you can function within the framework of film and television productions. In Level 4 (first year) learners will attain competence that will enable them to contribute in a meaningful way, through their use of the media, to the social and economic development of the nation at large through active participation in film and television production.
The Film & TV Course is Design to enable learners to obtain two different certificates by progressively Completing NQF level 4 & 5 either separately with breaks in between, or in one extended study period of 2years. The level 4 offers three electives (Sound recording, Camera & Editing) & Level 5 ensure more advance specialist competence in all the disciplines related to film and television production, including camera, lighting, vision control, vision mixing, editing, recording, sound and captioning.e.t.
Level 4 (Year 1) Exit Outcomes
- Manage own film or television production activities.
- Deliver customer service with respect to all film or television production stakeholders.
- Administer film or television production office procedures according to organisation standards.
- Gather and process information for film or television production specialisations.
- Source film or television production resources for film or television production operations.
- Use equipment, materials and tools in an area of film or television production specialisation.
- Fulfil specific roles within film and television production teams.
Level 5 (Year 2) Exit Outcomes
- Organising and managing information about film or television production activities according to specified requirements.
- Determining film or television resource requirements for specific production processes.
- Planning film or television production activities to meet given requirements.
- Assessing film or television production processes against given quality requirements.
- Implementing film or television production processes as directed within an area of specialisation.
- Controlling film or television operations according to specified business principles.