NSFAS Online Application 2020
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) was formed in terms of the National Student Financial Aid Scheme. NSFAS is a bursary scheme which provides poor and working class South African students with fully subsidised free higher education and training.
Who should apply for NSFAS for 2020 studies?
Applicants must ensure that they satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Receive a SASSA grant
- Total household income is R350 000 or less per annum
- Applying to study at a TVET College or public university
- Already registered as a university student with a total household income of under R122 000 per annum
- Passed grade 9 and grade 10 to receive funding to study at TVET College
- Passed Matric to receive funding to study at University
- Registering for your first time at a public university for an undergraduate qualification or registered at a public TVET College for a National Certificate Vocational/ report 191 programme
Who will not qualify for NSFA 2020 funding?
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
How to Apply for NSFAS for 2020 Funding?
Applications for 2020 are still not open. Watch the space for more information.
Alternatively you can visit the NSFAS website here.