Physical Science Grade 11 Latest Experiments and Memos for CAPS Curriculum (Syllabus) South Africa: A National Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) is a single, comprehensive, and concise policy document introduced by the Department of Basic Education for all the subjects listed in the National Curriculum Statement for Grades R – 12. CAPS gives detailed guidance for teachers on what they should teach and how to assess.
On this page you will find Physical Science Grade 11 Experiments and Memos for Term 1, Term 2, Term 3, and Term 4.
Grade 11 Physical Science Assessment Guide
- All formal experiments have the following documents:
- Instruction sheets explaining the procedure to be followed for the experiment
- the worksheet consisting of questions to be answered under formal conditions
- The teacher’s guide with instruction sheets, worksheets and the marking guidelines (the teachers’ guide should never be released to the learners)
- The teacher should hand out the instruction sheet ONLY for the conduction of the experiment in groups
- In the case where there are not sufficient apparatus, experiments can be performed in groups but if there is sufficient apparatus , smaller groups can be formed or learners can perform the experiments in pairs or individually .
- Each learner should record their own data or observations individually.
- Each learners should have their own worksheet and answer the questions individually under exam conditions.
- Teachers should only hand out worksheets to each learner once learners have all done the experiment and are all seated and ready to answer questions
- If it is not possible to perform the experiment and answer the worksheet on the same date, the data collected by learners should be kept at school by the teacher.
- All formal experiments should be marked, and recorded by the teacher ONLY and moderated internally.
- The experiment on conservation of momentum should be conducted in term 1, assessed in term 1 and recorded in the teachers’ record book. BUT it will be recorded for SBA in term 2 as part of the term 2 SBA marks.
- The teacher should first perform the formal experiments with their own apparatus and record their own results-the results provided are only exemplar results
- For the Momentum experiment, the teacher can decide to vary the masses or the distances of the trolleys for each group. In this way learners have different data to work on and this reduces the challenges of similar data for all groups.
Note: Ensure that sample results are not given to learners. If it is found that learners have these figures in their results, then it will be regarded as an irregularity, and that learner report will be awarded a zero mark
NB: Learners should work individually on all worksheets
Available Experiments and Memos Physical Science Grade 11
At the end of this lesson learners should be able to:
• Define matter and explain what is it made up of?
• What are materials and are able to list some common examples of materials?
• The different phases of which matter is made up of.
• The physical properties of the different phases of matter.
The following results will be the outcome of this lesson:
• The learners being able to identify matter in terms of it being a solid; a liquid or a gas.
• The learners being able to classify matter in terms of its physical properties.
• The learners being able to explain some of the physical properties of matter.
More Experiments on PDF Downloadable documents
More Education Resources
You can find Question Papers and Memos, Study Guides, and Textbooks for various grades below:
Hello Grade 11 Learners. My Courses has many study resources for you needed to pass your exams, tests, assessments, research tasks, and assignments under CAPS South African Subjects Curriculum. Feel free to explore all resources for grade 11, such as Study Guides, Past Exam Question Papers with Answers, and Essay Speech Topics.My Courses
Why passing Grade 11 is very important
Grade 11 fully prepares you for Grade 12 level of exams and assessments. You might as well regard Grade 11 as your final trial run for Matric level. Most of the classwork covered in the grade 11 syllabus will prepare you for Matric anyway. Passing your Grade 11 with flying colours, is usually a sign that you will ace your Matric and make your uncles and cousins proud.
What can you do with your Grade 11 marks in South Africa?
- You can apply at a South African University using your Grade 11 marks
- You can already apply for university bursaries using your Grade 11 marks
Other Grade 11 Subjects
Past Papers. Memos. Study Guides
- Accounting Grade 11
- Economics Grade 11
- Mathematics Grade 11
- Mathematics Literacy Grade 11
- Life Sciences Grade 11
- Physical Sciences Grade 11
- Technical Sciences Grade 11
- Biology Grade 11
- History Grade 11
- Geography Grade 11
- Life Orientation Grade 11
- Religion Studies Grade 11
- Business Studies Grade 11
- Consumer Studies Grade 11
- Agricultural Sciences Grade 11
- Tshivenda Home Language Grade 11
- IsiXhosa Home Language Grade 11
- IsiZulu Home Language Grade 11
- Sepedi Home Language Grade 11
- Sesotho Home Language Grade 11
- Setswana Home Language Grade 11
- Seswati Home Language Grade 11
- Afrikaans Home Language Grade 11
- English Home Language Grade 11
- Xitsonga Home Language Grade 11