My Courses respects privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to this site. My Courses seeks to employ best practice when it comes to the collection and processing of personal information in accordance with data protection or privacy legislation.
If we provide links to websites of other organisations, this Privacy Notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. If you follow a link to any website, please read the privacy notice of the website you visit before you submit any personal information to such website. My Courses is not responsible for information captured and processed on any website linked to our website.
My Courses may collect, , receive, record, organise, collate, store, update, change, retrieve, read, process, analyse, use and share your Personal Information in a way set out in this Privacy Notice. When we do one or more of these actions with your Personal Information, we are processing your personal information.
Personal Information refers to private information about an identifiable person (which includes natural persons as well as juristic persons, such as companies or trusts). Personal information does not include information that does not identify a person (including in instances where that information has been de-identified). The type of personal information that we collect about you may differ on the basis of the services that you receive from My Courses.
We may process different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data, which includes information concerning your name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, race and legal status, photographs, identity number, registration number and qualifications.
- Contact Data, which includes billing addresses, delivery addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Marketing and Communications Data, which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
If any of the information you provide to us contain special personal information such as health, religion, ethnic or race information, your consent is the lawful basis on which we rely to process such information unless any other lawful basis exist allowing us to process such information. If any information you provide us contains the processing of personal information of children (minors), for instance information given to us about a child during a complaint resolution process, this processing of personal information of children may only be carried out with the prior consent of the competent person such as a parent or legal guardian, unless lawful basis exist allowing us to process such information without the aforementioned consent.
We do not provide services directly to children, and our site is not available for use by any person under the age of 18 years without consent and supervision from a competent person such as parent or a legal guardian. This Privacy Notice also applies in a case where a child makes use of our website with the consent from a competent person. Use of our website by a child without the relevant consent from a competent person is prohibited.
How My Courses Collects Personal Information
My Courses collects personal information directly from the users through online forms.
How the information is used
We may use your personal information:
- to provide you with marketing that is relevant to you, or to direct information concerning My Courses;
- maintain and update our customer, or potential customer databases;
- diagnose and deal with technical issues, customer support queries and other user queries;
- operate, administer, maintain, secure and develop the Website and the performance and functionality of the Website;
- to protect our rights in any litigation;
- detect, prevent or deal with actual or alleged fraud, security or the abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of the Website and/or contravention of this Privacy Notice or any of the terms and conditions that apply to the use of the Website;
- communicate with you and keep a record of our communications with you and your communications with us;
- inform you about any changes to the Website, the Privacy Notice or other changes which are relevant;.
- to analyse and compare the kinds of Access Devices that you and other users make use of and where you are using them; and
- for any other purposes relevant to our business activities, provided they are lawful.
My Courses will restrict its processing of your Personal Information to the original purposes for which it was collected , unless My Courses reasonably considers that it is required to be processed for another purpose and that purpose is compatible with the original purpose.
Sharing of Information
We will not intentionally disclose, for commercial gain or otherwise, your Personal Information other than as set out in this Privacy Notice or without your permission. My Courses may share your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- to our agents, advisers, service providers and suppliers which have agreed to be bound by this Privacy Notice or on terms which offer the same level of protection as this Privacy Notice;
- to our employees, suppliers, service providers and agents if and to the extent that they need to know the information in order to provide the services for or to us for which they have been appointed, such as hosting, development and administration, technical support and other support services relating to the Website. We will authorise any information processing done by a third party on our behalf, amongst other things by entering into written agreements with those third parties governing our relationship with them and containing confidentiality and non-disclosure provisions;
- in order to enforce or apply any other contract between you and us;
- in order to protect our rights, property or safety or that of our customers, employees and prospective employees, contractors, candidates and prospective candidates, suppliers, service providers, agents and any other third party;