SANDF 2020 Intake Application Form
SANDF in Action
Requirements for the Military Skills Development System programme
To qualify for the Military Skills Development System(MSDS) programme, you should:
- Be a South African citizen;
- Be aged between 18 and 22 years (graduates up to the age of 26 years);
- Be currently busy with the National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or have completed it;
- Not be area-bound;
- Have no record of a criminal offence;
- Preferably be single;
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointment in the South African National Defence Force;
- Be prepared to do basic military training, functional training and to serve in uniform.
As noted above, there is also a clear distinction in the type of training you will receive over your two years of voluntary service:
In the first year of MSDS you can expect:
- Basic military training and functional training;
- Corps-specific training;
- Participation in practical military exercises;
- Combat-ready training exercises;
- Selection of junior leaders.
In the second year of MSDS you can expect:
- To undergo young officers formative training;
- Junior leaders (officers) will receive leader group corps training;
- A selection process for officers to study at the Military Academy;
- A focus on the utilisation and deployment of MSDS troops.
How to apply for SANDF 2020 Intake
Application Closing Dates for 2020: Applications will open in January 2020 and close in February 2020
The South African Department of Defense, Directorate Human Resource acquisition, Private Bag X2381, Pretoria, 0001
SA Navy contact address The Department of Defence, SA Navy Headquarter (Recruitment Center) Private Bag X104, Pretoria, 0001.
SAAF contact address SA Air Force Headquarters (Directorate of Human Resource Services), Private Bag X199, Pretoria, 0001.