University of Zululand
Established in 1960, University of Zululand is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the urban setting of the medium-sized town of Kwadlangezwa (population range of 10,000-49,999 inhabitants), KwaZulu-Natal. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Umhlathuze. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Department of Higher Education and Training, South Africa, University of Zululand (UNIZULU) is a medium-sized (uniRank enrollment range: 6,000-6,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. University of Zululand (UNIZULU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank course levels and areas of studies matrix below for further details. This 57 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on students’ past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 40-50% making this South African higher education organization a averagely selective institution. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment. UNIZULU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, housing, sport facilities and/or activities, financial aids and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services.
Apply at the University of Zululand (UNIZULU) for your 2019 Academic Studies
Register with us for a promising future and challenging career prospects, across competitive industries. We believe in developing and nurturing creative minds and intellectual scholars with quality education appropriate to the needs of the country and the continent. The University of Zululand (UNIZULU) is a unique, comprehensive University based in the heart of Zululand, on the north coast of KwaZulu-Natal and is traditionally known for developing communities north of Tugela. It is recognised for excellence in learning and teaching, community engagement projects and its multidisciplinary approach to local, national and international applied and collaborative research.
Established in 1960, UNIZULU has rapidly grown, servicing more than 15 000 full time and part time students in the faculties of Science and Agriculture; Commerce, Administration and Law; Education and Arts. The University’s Richards Bay and KwaDlangezwa campuses have been designed to enhance the students’ experience with state of the art computer labs, sports and recreational facilities and library access.
Students have access to 24 sports codes with several religious, academic and social bodies and societies based on both campuses. The University’s illustrious alumni include established achievers across government, health, arts, culture, law, education and commerce sectors. UNIZULU is innovative in its approach, providing a holistic tertiary education experience. It offers accredited graduate and undergraduate studies through career-orientated programmes across four disciplines.
The University’s International Linkages Office (ILO) enables students’ growth and development through intercontinental collaborative projects, partnerships, scholarships, experiential learning and exchange programmes. Over the years, the ILO has established 12 academic, corporate and government partnerships in Africa, the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia, and intends on broadening its current network.
As part of the University’s drive to increase learners’ interest in Science, Engineering and Technology, it hosts interactive exhibitions and programmes at its Science Centre in Richards Bay. The multifaceted centre celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2011 and is home to more than 130 exhibits. It is visited by 30 000 learners annually and is renowned for its interactive approach to educating community members and academics. The centre has received numerous accolades and achieved local, national and international recognition for its effort.
University of Zululand Campuses
- The Kwadlangezwa Campus is home to the University’s four faculties and support services including the Campus Clinic, HIV/AIDS Unit, Protection Services, Student Housing, Bureau for Sport and Recreation, Financial Aid Office and the Centre for Co-operative Education and Entrepreneurial Training.
- The Richards Bay Campus, established in 2009, is intended to focus on entrepreneurial partnerships and vocational programmes. This urban campus provides innovative entrepreneurial and industry-focused programmes that are supported by local and international collaborations. UNIZULU aims to provide vocational and technical courses geared to enhance the Richards Bay maritime sector and the paper,timber, engineering, sugar, construction and mining industries, among others. The Unversity’s new focus encapsulates the development of staff and students, ensuring our programmes and facilities are relevant, underpinned by new technologies, cutting edge knowledge and skills which are appropriate to the labour market and development of the country and continent.
Outcome of the Application to study in 2019
The University is currently processing all applications and all applicants who have been selected will be sent sms notices and the official University Offer letter will follow later. However, applicants may contact the Admissions Office on 035 902 6178 / 035902 6361 as from the 18 August 2018 if they have not received their offer letters and to update your contact and postal details.
All applicants who for some reason did not take up our offer to study at the University of Zululand this year (2018) are strongly advised to re-apply via the CAO as those offers are no longer valid for the 2019 admission cycle.
If you are regretted then don’t panic just sms Central Application Clearing House to 49200 with your name and ID and they will call you click here to read more or visit their website at cach.dhet.gov.za/
Accept a Firm Offer
Please note that should you receive more than one (1) firm offer you need to make a choice and select one qualification only.To secure your place, please complete the supplied Acceptance Form attached to your firm offer letter, deposit R300 in the University bank account indicated on the form and return the completed form and deposit slip to the University by post, fax or email within 14 days of the date of this letter. Download Acceptance of offer form
Submit Metric Certificates
- All First year registered students are expected to submit their matric certificates to the Admissions Office, Room 32 Ground Floor, Admin Building on or before 31 August 2018.
- All registered Senior Students who have to date not submitted their final matric certificates are also instructed to submit their matric certificates on or before the 31 August 2018.
- Please note, all students who failed to submit their matric certificates will NOT be allowed to register in 2019.