Wits 2022 Prospectus and Applications Guide – Prospectus, Online Application Form, and Requirements: Wits enjoys a long history as one of the top universities on the African continent. We strive to be a leading, research-intensive institution that is both locally responsive and globally competitive. Wits also has a long history of providing a platform for the contestation of ideas. We have a firm commitment to social justice, and the institution has often played a significant role during moments of historical significance. Indeed, we are proud to count ‘Witsies’ as some of the most influential figures in impacting on our country, continent and the world.
Wits Admission Requirements
National Senior Certificate (NSC)
In order to gain acceptance to any of the faculties, applicants require:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Independent Examinations Board (IEB) subjects, and
- Certain levels of achievement as set out in this Guide, as well as a Bachelor Degree Pass.
Wits tabulates the points score for all subjects on the following basis:
- English must be taken either as Home Language or 1st Additional Language.
- Mathematics is a core and compulsory subject for all numerate degrees in programmes in Engineering and Built Environment, Commerce, Law and Management, Science and most of the programmes in the Health Sciences.
- Maths Literacy will be accepted by Law, Education and Humanities (except for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology).
- Wits does not distinguish between designated vs. non - designated subjects when calculating the admission point score (APS).
- The APS calculation is based on the best seven subjects including Life Orientation
To apply online, go to: www.wits.ac.za/applications/
You may apply for a maximum three degrees (order of choice does not matter).
If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for international applicants, is required.
Applications for 2022 will open 4 March 2022
Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for International citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates.
How to pay
Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as a reference.
- EFT – Use your person/student number as a reference.