Requirements to study social work at UJ
Requirements to study social work at uj
1. BACHELOR OF SOCIAL WORK (BSW)
This is a four-year qualification offered full-time at the Auckland Park Campus only.
Students must register for specific courses within the Faculty of Humanities with majors in Social Work (at 4th year level) and Psychology and Sociology (one up to 3rd year level), register for Internship whereby the student must attend Internship classes at the university as well as complete set number of hours of field instruction at approved welfare organisations in the social services sector each year.
The BSW program is accredited by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and is aligned with the 27 Exit Level Outcomes defined by the Standards Generating Body (SGB) for Social Work and the Council for Higher Education (CHE).
2. BACHELOR OF ARTS (COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP)
This is a three year qualification offered under the Department of Social Work, at the Soweto campus of the University of Johannesburg.
Students must register for prescribed modules for the fulfilment of the Bachelor of Arts (Community Development and Leadership) degree.
Useful Links for studying at UJ
- BA Design (Communication Design) offered at UJ
- BCom Law offered at the University of Johannesburg (UJ)
- When does UJ respond to applications?
- Student Accommodation around UJ Kingsway Campus
- Check your application status at UJ
- UJ Online Application for 2020
- 2020 University of Johannesburg (UJ) Prospectus pdf online
- UJ Late Inquiry and Application for 2020
- Requirements to study social work at UJ
- NBT Requirements for UJ
- UJ Postgraduate Prospectus 2020: For all Faculties
- Find out How Much Registration Fee at UJ is for 2020
- UJ library past papers
- BA Law Course offered by the University of Johannesburg