This page contains Religion Studies CAPS Document for FET Phase Grade 10 – 12 (Grade 10, Grade 11, and Grade 12). This is the most important information for Teachers and Learners, that guides the progress of the Religion Studies subject curriculum for the FET Phase as per the South African Department of Education standards.
Religion Studies for Grade 10-12 aims to:
- (enhance the constitutional values of citizenship, human rights, equality, freedom from discrimination and freedom of conscience, religion, thought, belief and opinion;
- develop the learner holistically, that is, intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually;
- enhance knowledge, skills, and values necessary for the enrichment of each learner, interpersonal relationships and an open and democratic society;
- equip the learner with knowledge and understanding of a variety of religions and how they relate to one another; and
- equip the learner with knowledge and skills for research into religion as a social phenomenon, and across religions as well as to relate and systematise universal dimensions of religion.
- Weekly Lesson Plans / Teaching Plans
- Informal Assessments
- Daily Assessments
- Moderation and Marking of Assessments
- Tasks and Projects
- Practical Work, and
The document gives a clear indication of what topics and learning outcomes are required for Term 1, Term 2, Term 3, and Term 4.
Download the Religion Studies CAPS Document for FET Phase Grade 10 – 12
Below you can download the Religion Studies CAPS Document for FET Phase (Grade 10, Grade 11, and Grade 12) in pdf format.