Fasset Bursaries and Learnerships Applications
Fasset Bursaries and Learnerships Applications: Fasset’s main objective is to facilitate skills development, transformation and social upliftment in the sector in pursuance of NSDS Targets Fasset funds programmes that meet specific criteria in this regard, by utilising unclaimed grant money. Fasset’s Board earmarks, on an annual basis, areas of high skills need within the sector, based on the Sector Skills Plan and other research. Strategic project interventions are identified and public tenders are advertised annually in this regard. All new projects are approved by the Board procurement Committee (BPC). All Bridging Programmes are geared towards addressing the poor demographic profile within the sector, and all are therefore in line with the NSDS targets. All tenders are advertised on the Fasset Tender Notices page, in the Government Gazette, the National Treasury ePortal and on the government tender board website[quads id=”1″]
Who qualifies for Fasset Bursaries?
- Only African Black learners who are South African citizens, by birth or became a South African citizen before 27 April 1994, with a valid South African identity document may apply or be put forward for the grant.
- Learners must have completed at least a three-year qualification that is aligned to a scarce skill within the Fasset sector.
- This grant is applicable to: Learners who are in full-time employment, on or completing a learnership programme in 2016, with an employer whose levy number falls into the Fasset Seta.
- Learners who are currently in their second or third year of a learnership and, who are claiming this grant for the first time, will be eligible to apply for all previous years of the learnership already completed.
Fasset seta Learnerships
For the majority of learnerships, Fasset has agreements with professional bodies and Assessment Quality Partners (AQP’s) which are responsible for the accreditation of workplaces. View learnerships here
Fasset TVET Work Based Experience Project
It is assumed that work experience will enhance the employability of unemployed persons, in particular if such work experience is:
- Related to and supports their field of study;
- Obtained in an environment with processes and structures in place to coach and mentor such persons;
- Obtained in the environment of a reputable employer;
- Of an adequate length to allow sufficient time to gain exposure and experience in a number of generic and specific skills.
In this context, Fasset is implementing a project aimed at facilitating and funding workplace-based experience for graduates. This project is aimed at learners who have successfully completed the National N6 certificate in business studies and who are eligible to the National N Diploma at NQF level 6, upon completion of 18 months’ relevant work experience.
Fasset will be recruiting learners who have specialised in one of the following areas:
- Financial Management,
- Business Management,
- Marketing Management,
- HR Management, and
- Management Assistant.
Fasset Contact details
Call Centre: 086 101 0001
Telephone: (011) 476 8570
Facsimile: (011) 476 5756
Fasset Bursary online application
To apply for Fasset Bursary, click here