This page contains Geography CAPS Document for FET Phase Grade 10 – 12 (Grade 10, Grade 11, and Grade 12). This is the most important information for Teachers and Learners, that guides the progress of the Geography subject curriculum for the FET Phase as per the South African Department of Education standards.
During Grades 10, 11 and 12 learners are guided towards developing the following Geography knowledge, skills and attitudes:
- explaining and interpreting both physical and human geographical processes;
- describing and explaining the dynamic interrelationship between the physical and human worlds;
- developing knowledge about where places are, and the nature of a range of different places at different scales;
- practising essential transferable skills – literacy, numeracy, oracy and graphicacy;
- promoting the use of new technologies, such as information Communication Technology (iCT) and Geographi- cal information Systems (GiS);
- developing a commitment towards sustainable development;
- creating awareness and sensitivity to inequality in the world;
- ostering empathy, tolerance and fairness; and
- making and justifying informed decisions and judgements about social and environmental issues.
- Informal Assessments
- Daily Assessments
- Moderation and Marking of Assessments
- Tasks and Projects
- Practical Work, and
The document gives a clear indication of what topics and learning outcomes are required for Term 1, Term 2, Term 3, and Term 4.
Download the Geography CAPS Document for FET Phase Grade 10 – 12
Below you can download the Geography CAPS Document for FET Phase (Grade 10, Grade 11, and Grade 12) in pdf format.