On this page, we will indicate how a high prevalence of human rights violations can negatively impact a community.
Human rights violations negative impact on a community
It is important to always remember that human rights violations affect many more people than simply their direct victims within a community. The following can happen in a community if human rights are continuously being violated:
- more psychological, physical, and interpersonal problems for victims of human rights violations that, in their turn, influence the functioning of the surrounding social system.
- loss of confidence in the legal systems and structures within the community
- riots and social unrest as the members are taking the matters into their own hands
- encourages criminal activities
- corruption thrives in communities with a high prevalence of human rights violations