Justify the effectiveness of personal selling as the best method of promoting a business product.
What is Personal Selling
Personal selling occurs when a sales representative meets with a potential client for the purpose of transacting a sale. Many sales representatives rely on a sequential sales process that typically includes nine steps. Some sales representatives develop scripts for all or part of the sales process.
6 Reasons why Personal Selling of effective in business product promition
- Personal selling can be made telephonically but are usually face to face and offer the most flexible means of delivering a promotional message.
- Done by experienced sales people who develop charisma and become skilled in getting people to pay attention to them.
- It is the most successful method of selling a product.
- It is very effective especially in the case of expensive industrial goods such as machinery and shopping goods, e.g. stoves, fridges , cell phones.
- Involves a very personal touch with specific attention giving to customer’s needs and requirements.
- Most effective way to build relationships between the sales person and the customer. It is also a very good way of maintaining good relationships and ensuring on-going business and sales.