Mathematics Grade 12 Assignments 2021: Assessment is a continuous, planned process using various forms of tasks in order to identify, gather and interpret information about the performance of learners. It involves four steps: generating and collecting evidence of achievement, evaluating this evidence, recording the findings and using this information to understand and assist in the learner’s development in order to improve the process of learning and teaching. Assessment should be both informal (assessment for learning) and formal (assessment of learning). In both cases regular feedback should be provided to learners to enhance the learning experience.
Assignment Assessment types for Mathematics Grade 12
Although assessment guidelines are included in the annual teaching plan at the end of each term, the following general principles apply:
Tests and examinations are usually time-limited and assessed using a marking memorandum. Assignments are generally extended pieces of work in which time constraints have been relaxed and which may be completed at home. Assignments may be used to consolidate or deepen understanding of work done earlier. They may thus consist of a collection of past examination questions or innovative activities using any resource material. It is, however, advised that assignments be focused.
Projects are more extended tasks that may serve to deepen understanding of curricular mathematics topics. They may also involve extracurricular mathematical topics where the learner is expected to select appropriate mathematical content to solve context-based or real-life problems. The focus should be on the mathematical concepts and not on duplicated pictures and regurgitation of facts from reference material.
Investigations are set to develop the mathematical concepts or skills of systematic investigation into special cases with a view to observing general trends, making conjectures and proving them.
It is recommended that while the initial investigation can be done at home, the final write-up be done in the classroom, under supervision and without access to any notes. Investigations are marked using a rubric which can be specific to the task, or generic, listing the number of marks awarded to each skill as outlined below:
- 40% for communicating individual ideas and discoveries, assuming the reader has not come across the task before. The appropriate use of diagrams and tables will enhance the assignment, investigation or project.
- 35% for generalising, making conjectures and proving or disproving these conjectures;
- 20% for the effective consideration of special cases; and
- 5% for presentation, that is, neatness and visual impact.
Assignments topics and memo for 2021
Download Grade 12 Assignments and Memos for 2021 below:
More Grade 12 Mathematics Past Papers for Previous Years
- Mathematics Grade 12 2021 Provincial Question Papers and Memos
- Mathematics Grade 12 Assignments 2021
- Mathematics Grade 12 Latest Lesson Plans for all Terms CAPS
- Mathematics Grade 12 Latest Assignment and Memos CAPS
- Technical Mathematics Grade 12 Free Textbooks and Guides pdf
- Mathematics Grade 12 2020 September and November Past Exam Papers and Memos
- Mathematics Grade 12 March 2020 Exam Papers and Memo
- Mathematics Grade 12 Question papers and memorandums
- Mathematics Grade 12 Mind the Gap Study Guide Download
- Grade 12 Mathematics Question Papers and Memos 2020 September
- Mathematics Literacy Grade 12 Past Exam Papers and Memos 2020 and 2019
- Grade 12 Mathematics Paper 1 and 2 November 2019 Memorandum pdf
- Grade 12 Mathematics Question Papers and Memos 2019
- Analytical Geometry Grade 12 Exercises: Questions and Answers pdf
Hey, Grade 12 Learners. My Courses portal has everything you needed to ace your matric exams, tests, assessments, research tasks, and assignments. Feel free to explore all resources for grade 12 learners, such as Study Guides, Department of Basic Education Past Exam Papers with Memos, and Speech Topics.
Have you made your career choice yet?
Now that you have made it all the way from your 1st grade to the final (Grade 12) grade, have you made up your mind about what career you want to pursue after matric? Have a look at the below questions and click on the links for more information:
Do you know:
- If you want to study at a University or College?
- What career or course/qualification do you plan to pursue after school?
- What subjects you will need to study for this career?
- Which country do you want to study at, Canada maybe?
- How will you pay for your studies?