SARS Tax Number Confirmation Letter Download
In the modern world, managing taxes efficiently is an essential aspect of financial responsibility. Whether you are an individual taxpayer or running a business, keeping tabs on your tax information is crucial. However, life can get busy, and sometimes important details such as your tax number may slip your mind. Fortunately, the South African Revenue Service (SARS) has made it easier than ever to retrieve this critical piece of information. Whether you prefer to do it online, through a mobile app, or in person, SARS provides a range of options to suit your preferences. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through various methods to retrieve your tax number with SARS, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free process. Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
A Comprehensive Guide to Retrieving Your Tax Number with SARS
When it comes to dealing with tax matters, having your tax number readily available is crucial. If you have misplaced or forgotten your tax number, don’t panic! Here is an easy guide to help you retrieve your tax number from the South African Revenue Service (SARS).
1. Register on eFiling
First things first, if you are not registered on eFiling, it’s high time you do so. eFiling is a convenient platform that allows you to access various tax services online. Once registered as an eFiler, you can easily log in and check your tax number.
2. SARS MobiApp
If you prefer using mobile applications, the SARS MobiApp is another platform that can help. Just like with eFiling, ensure you are a registered eFiler. The MobiApp allows you to request your notice of registration conveniently.
3. Query Through Lwazi ChatBot
For an even more streamlined experience, the Lwazi ChatBot is at your service. Access it via eFiling or the SARS MobiApp by clicking on the ChatBot icon. Here’s how:
- Type “menu” in the chat.
- A list of Personal Income Tax service offerings will be presented.
- Select option 1 for “Request Tax Reference number” or type “1”.
- The ChatBot will request your ID/Passport number and cell number or email for authentication.
- Once verified, your Notice of Registration (IT150) will be emailed to you.
4. SARS SMS Channel
Send an SMS to 47277 using the following format: TRN (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number. SARS will revert with the required information.
5. SARS USSD Channel
Using your mobile device, you can request tax services via USSD. Follow these steps:
- Dial 1347277# to initiate USSD.
- Select the required service.
- Complete either your ID/Passport/Asylum Number for verification.
- Upon successful verification, a response will be displayed.
6. Visiting a SARS Branch
For in-person assistance, you can visit a SARS branch. Remember to schedule an appointment before your visit.
7. SARS Online Query System
If you need additional services or documents such as a Notice of Assessment, Statement of Accounts, or registering a new Trust, you can utilize the SARS Online Query System. Ensure you have all the necessary supporting documents.
8. Uploading Supporting Documents
When uploading documents, keep the following in mind:
- Formats: pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, gif, jpg, jpeg, bmp, png.
- File size must not exceed 5MB, and a maximum of 10 documents can accompany a single submission.
- Document names should not include the characters ‘ or &.
- The case number, tax type, and tax reference number should be noted.
You will receive an email indicating the status of the received documents. If there is a mismatch or an error, you will be requested to resubmit the documents.
- eFilers can upload supporting documents directly through their eFiling profiles.
- It’s recommended to use browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Safari, and avoid Internet Explorer for accessing forms.
Need Further Assistance?
SARS has a tutorial video available on their YouTube channel to guide you through the process of obtaining proof of your Income Tax number. Make your tax matters hassle-free by utilizing these platforms and services.
Don’t miss these:
APS Score Calculator
Did You See These?
Find Articles by Authors
My Courses Editor