On this page, you can download the Study Master Economic and Management Sciences Grade 9 Teacher’s Guide on pdf format.
An overview of the content of Economic and Management Sciences Grade 9 entails the following:
- the needs and wants of different communities in societies
- the nature, processes and production of goods and services, and business activities within the different sectors
- financial management, accounting as a tool for management of a business, and record keeping
- the influence of demand and supply, and pricing
- the flow of money, goods and services between households, businesses and government, and the rights and responsibilities of the different role players in the economy
- the way in which to achieve sustainable growth, reduce poverty and distribute wealth fairly, while still pursuing profitability entrepreneurial skills and knowledge needed to manage self and the environment effectively
- basic aspects of leadership and management
- the role of savings in sustainable economic growth and development
- trade unions and their influence in the economy
- the importance of using resources sustainably, effectively and efficiently
- the functioning of both formal and informal businesses.