Analytical Geometry Grade 12 Exercises: Questions and Answers pdf: In classical mathematics, analytic geometry, also known as coordinate geometry or Cartesian geometry, is the study of geometry using a coordinate system. This contrasts with synthetic geometry. Analytic geometry is used in physics and engineering, and also in aviation, rocketry, space science, and spaceflight.
Analytical Geometry Grade 12 Exercises/ Studyguides: Questions and Answers Downloadable pdfs
The Answer Series:
Buy the Answer Series Study Guide Here
Analytical Geometry Study Guide for Grade 12:
Analytical Geometry Study Guide with Questions and Answers (Mindset):
Equations and curves
In analytic geometry, any equation involving the coordinates specifies a subset of the plane, namely the solution set for the equation, or locus. For example, the equation y = x corresponds to the set of all the points on the plane whose x-coordinate and y-coordinate are equal. These points form a line, and y = x is said to be the equation for this line. In general, linear equations involving x and y specify lines, quadratic equations specify conic sections, and more complicated equations describe more complicated figures.
Usually, a single equation corresponds to a curve on the plane. This is not always the case: the trivial equation x = x specifies the entire plane, and the equation x2 + y2 = 0 specifies only the single point (0, 0). In three dimensions, a single equation usually gives a surface, and a curve must be specified as the intersection of two surfaces (see below), or as a system of parametric equations. The equation x2 + y2 = r2 is the equation for any circle centered at the origin (0, 0) with a radius of r.
Questions and Answers
My Courses has a large Questions and Answers repository for the most popular High School and Tertiary Schools subjects. This comes in handy when doing your revision or preparing for exams, tests, research tasks, and assignments.
Ask Us a Question and we will send you the Answer Guide
More Grade 12 Mathematics Past Papers for Previous Years
- Mathematics Grade 12 2021 Provincial Question Papers and Memos
- Mathematics Grade 12 Assignments 2021
- Mathematics Grade 12 Latest Lesson Plans for all Terms CAPS
- Mathematics Grade 12 Latest Assignment and Memos CAPS
- Technical Mathematics Grade 12 Free Textbooks and Guides pdf
- Mathematics Grade 12 2020 September and November Past Exam Papers and Memos
- Mathematics Grade 12 March 2020 Exam Papers and Memo
- Mathematics Grade 12 Question papers and memorandums
- Mathematics Grade 12 Mind the Gap Study Guide Download
- Grade 12 Mathematics Question Papers and Memos 2020 September
- Mathematics Literacy Grade 12 Past Exam Papers and Memos 2020 and 2019
- Grade 12 Mathematics Paper 1 and 2 November 2019 Memorandum pdf
- Grade 12 Mathematics Question Papers and Memos 2019
- Analytical Geometry Grade 12 Exercises: Questions and Answers pdf
Hey, Grade 12 Learners. My Courses portal has everything you needed to ace your matric exams, tests, assessments, research tasks, and assignments. Feel free to explore all resources for grade 12 learners, such as Study Guides, Department of Basic Education Past Exam Papers with Memos, and Speech Topics.
Have you made your career choice yet?
Now that you have made it all the way from your 1st grade to the final (Grade 12) grade, have you made up your mind about what career you want to pursue after matric? Have a look at the below questions and click on the links for more information:
Do you know:
- If you want to study at a University or College?
- What career or course/qualification do you plan to pursue after school?
- What subjects you will need to study for this career?
- Which country do you want to study at, Canada maybe?
- How will you pay for your studies?