Life Orientation Grade 12 Summary Notes pdf: 2021, 2020.
Topic 1 Stress: Life Orientation Grade 12 Summary Notes
- What is stress? Stress is what we feel in situations we find difficult, challenging or even frightening. When we feel we can’t cope with the situation.
- What is good stress? Stress that makes you ready for action as it gives you adrenalin and energy. E.g. When you have to stand in front of the class and speak. It is for a short term and you can have sweaty palms and a dry mouthy or butterflies in your tummy.
- What is bad stress? If the stress is more than you can cope with, it is unhealthy. You may become ill, unhappy and depressed. You are not able to do your task as well as you could. You will have headaches or will not be able to sleep.
- What is a stressor? A stressor is anything, event or person that causes stress. It is the things that trigger stress
Topic 2: Process of assessment and examination writing skills: Life Orientation Grade 12 Summary Notes
What is assessment?
It is the continuous planned process of gathering information on achievement.
It identifies how you cope with new knowledge, content and skills.
Different types of assessment?
- Formative assessment: happens when you are working on something and helps you and your teacher work out how you are coping.
- Summative assessment: this happens at the end of a term, chapter or project. It measures how you manage over a period of time.
- Self-assessment: you assess yourself.
Downloadable Notes in Pdf Format
More Topics covered on the Notes below:
Life Orientation Grade 12 Resources
- Life Orientation Grade 12 Latest Assessment Tasks for all terms CAPS
- Life Orientation school-based assessment (SBA) Grade 12
- Level of Stress and Stressors Grade 12 Life Orientation Notes pdf
- Life Orientation Grade 12 Summary Notes pdf
- Life Orientation Grade 12 2020 October Past Exam Papers and Memos
- List of Life Orientation Grade 12 Exam Papers and Memos for September and November 2019
- Life Orientation Grade 12 Study Guides and Summary Notes
Hey, Grade 12 Learners. My Courses portal has everything you needed to ace your matric exams, tests, assessments, research tasks, and assignments. Feel free to explore all resources for grade 12 learners, such as Study Guides, Department of Basic Education Past Exam Papers with Memos, and Speech Topics.
Have you made your career choice yet?
Now that you have made it all the way from your 1st grade to the final (Grade 12) grade, have you made up your mind about what career you want to pursue after matric? Have a look at the below questions and click on the links for more information:
Do you know:
- If you want to study at a University or College?
- What career or course/qualification do you plan to pursue after school?
- What subjects you will need to study for this career?
- Which country do you want to study at, Canada maybe?
- How will you pay for your studies?