If you are interested to study at Nelson Mandela University (NMU) for 2023, there are 5 important things you need to take into consideration before submitting your online application, such as: which course you want to apply,
#ONE: Know what courses are offered at Nelson Mandela University (NMU) for 2023
As different universities offer different qualifications in various career fields, as well as the types of qualifications and courses, Nelson Mandela University (NMU) offers an outstanding courses variety for undergraduates, postgraduates, as well as postdoc programmes which can be found below:
#TWO: Know what APS Score is Requirements
After identifying a course that you would like to study at Nelson Mandela University (NMU) for 2023, you should know what APS Score is required. Better advice would be, to assess yourself based on your Grade 11 final results and calculate your APS score according to Nelson Mandela University (NMU) standards and subject requirements. Remember, APS scores differ from university to university.
#THREE: Know the exact Application Dates and deadlines at Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
Nelson Mandela University (NMU) has its own application dates and deadlines for normal applications, as well as late applications.
Application Dates for 2023 studies
- Applications Open: 6 April 2022
- Applications Close:
- MBChB applications: 31 May 2022 (NBT results must be available on or before the 31st of July 2021).
- Early applications (excluding MBChB): 5 August 2022
- Late applications (excluding MBChB): 30 September 2022
- International student applications (excluding MBChB): 30 September 2022
- Student Housing applications: 30 September 2022
#FOUR: Meet all Application Requirements
Nelson Mandela University (NMU) has a set of application requirements for local as well as international prospective students. The application requirements also vary based on the level of the qualification you are applying for (undergraduate and postgraduate).
Common Application requirements
Below are the most common application requirements that Nelson Mandela University (NMU) might want from both local and international prospective students:
Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a certified copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- a certified copy of your most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a certified copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- certified copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a certified copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependant, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the University.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject specific % pass marks do not meet the direct entry requirements for your chosen programme, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty specific requirements.
You can track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and sms. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
If you are admitted, you will receive an orientation guide together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is depended on:
- your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
#FIVE: Submit your application
Nelson Mandela University (NMU) welcomes online application form submission, as well as manual form submission. However, please confirm with the institution first.